Advertisement

Heathens M.F.

topic posted Fri, May 15, 2009 - 8:17 PM by  HeathenShorty
Share/Save/Bookmark
In response to a post from a few months back the HEATHENS Motorcycle Family that used to be down in L.A. is still around and has branched out into several other states. I have been a member since 1983.
posted by:
HeathenShorty
California
Advertisement
  • Re: Heathens M.F.

Wed, June 3, 2009 - 1:46 PM
    My bro and I weren't bikers...just a couple of regular guys. That's one of the reasons we considered it sort of an honor to be accepted the way we were by the Heathens. Most guys aren't going to leave their old ladies behind at a bar and trust just anybody to drive them home. And having them call your name when you walked in the door of Mothers and invite you over to their tables, was definitely an instant status boost in the eyes of the rest of the clientele. The only down side (to be expected though) was that once we took them home, we dropped them off a few houses down the street in case their husbands/boyfriends were wasted and forgot who we were! LOL I was teaching junior high kids at a school in Inglewood, CA at the time. Every day, we had to stand outside and do door duty (security) for the kids leaving for home. One day about 6 of the Heathens rode up to the Stop sign. They happened to look over and recognized me and all started yelling and waving. You should've seen the look on my principal's face, not to mention my students. As far as the students were concerned, I was forever cool!

Another time, I was having a couple of afternoon pitchers at Beer Country when a hooker came running in screaming that her pimp was trying to kill her. Then in ran the pimp, picked up a que ball and started chasing her around the pool table with it. All of a sudden, four Heathens who had been sitting at a back table, jumped up and chased the pimp out the front door. They came back a few minutes later and told the girl she didn't have to worry about the pimp any more! I'd say they came across as the modern day version of the cowboy good guys!

Of course, it wasn't all fun and games. Mothers had some cute girls tending bar (who by the way said the Heathens never gave them any trouble at all). One of the girls named Cathy told us that on a day when my bro and I weren't there, one of the co-owners of Mothers, a guy named Bob Smith, got drunk and started mouthing off to one of the Heathens they called "Mr. Clean" ('cause he looked like the original, kinda mean-looking "Mr. Clean", not the new PC one). I guess Bob made the mistake of taking a swing at MC, who proceed to break a stool over Bob's head. End of story!

Those were some great times! Glad to be able to share them with someone who can appreciate them.

Randy
    • Ray
      Ray
      offline 8

Re: Heathens M.F.

Wed, June 3, 2009 - 3:20 PM
      Did you ever go to a "break in" party?

Thu, June 4, 2009 - 2:40 PM
        OR, are you referring to the sex kind?
        • Ray
          Ray
          offline 8

Thu, June 4, 2009 - 4:44 PM
          This might seem like a non sequitur, but it isn't, it's a statement about lifestyle. it indirectly answers the question (s)..

www.youtube.com/watch

Thu, June 4, 2009 - 6:49 PM
            I know exactly what Bukowski is talking about. Managed to find a few of those bars and their residents in my lifetime. There were times when I never felt more alive than going into those places by myself, finding a corner, ordering a pitcher, and watching real life transpire. Nowadays, just the smell of cigarettes, of beer and sawdust, of urine and deodorizer cubes, can bring me back to an exact moment and place in time. I had many friends...good friends...among those whose lives intertwined with mine only when we were together in those places, and i knew more about them (and cared more about them) than I did for most of the people who were my friends in the everyday world. And I watched many more of them die...alone, but not un-mourned, because the rest of us who knew them missed them...like the guy who was a dead ringer for Kenny Rogers, and always wore a light blue suit and tie every day to sweep the floor of the bar, and we would talk and we would buy him drinks, and we would say goodnight and tell him to take care of himself...and we meant it. And then one morning he was dead in the alley behind the bar...stabbed and robbed (for what they got, which was nothing but an empty wallet). And because nobody knew whether he had any family, they took him away in a body bag like yesterday's garbage. Or the Vietnam vet who'd lost his legs, but used to come in his wheelchair and drink and tell jokes, and everybody liked him, and they'd help him out to his truck, where we'd still find him passed out at closing time...until the morning when the owner found him passed out for good...shot to death in his front seat. But these were the people who wore their lives on their sleeves. They didn't want anything from you but your friendship and your honesty and to be able to relax around you if they were wasted or trying to take a piss, or know that if they needed a way home, they could count on you. And they'd share their stash with you, and they'd share their pad with you, and you knew you'd wake up in the morning with friends, and no questions asked. Yeah, I know what you mean by a non sequitur, and I know about that lifestyle. It ain't the years...it's the mileage.

Mon, August 31, 2009 - 10:51 AM
              Googling "Heathens Motorcycle Family" led me to this thread. My father is a Heathen.

Fri, April 30, 2010 - 6:31 PM
                Who is your father?

Fri, September 24, 2010 - 2:08 PM
                  Insane Wayne.
                  • This is the maximum depth. Additional responses will not be threaded.

Fri, September 24, 2010 - 2:11 PM
                    And then Vern was my stepdad. If you're Oz, then I remember you from when I was little.

Fri, September 24, 2010 - 9:31 PM
                      hey wyatt, i hung out with the heathens from early 80's to the late 80's. I've heard of your dad insane wayne, but i think he was around before i hung around them. I knew the other wayne, he died in the mid 80's. that wasn't your dad right? did u live in inglewood on 106th? anyway i used to go out with vern. crazy huh? do u keep in touch with him? ttyl, kelly

Mon, September 27, 2010 - 6:07 PM
                      Yep, some called me OZ when I first joined.
                      Saw your dad about a 6 months ago. He is riding with the Bones out of North Dakota. Do you two keep in touch?
                      Looking at your pic, you look like you ride. Do you ride with anyone?

Thu, March 17, 2011 - 5:36 PM
                        Hey oz this is Donnie RIcks nephew. Its been along time ,i talked to rick last night

Thu, May 5, 2011 - 11:37 PM
                          hey donnie, don't know if you remember me , i'am lenny. i'am the one that called rick , mallard, and still do! i go up to hemet to see him, bout 1 a month. i was just there last sunday. how you doing.

Sat, May 7, 2011 - 11:01 PM
                            I was thinking about some of the crazy fun times, wow where has the time gone. I miss thise days ive concidered patching up here in Indiana .just alot goung on here, I could of and should of 25 years ago just was timeing.i miss all of ya, and I remember standing next to you at ricks house when you started calling him mallord,lol call me sometime ..812-589-3566 anytime. I look forward to hearing from ya

Sat, May 14, 2011 - 12:51 AM
                              hey donnie! man the time sure go's by quick! everyone that i've ran into sure do look alot differany from when i last seen them! i went on my state paid vacation ! i guess alot happened while i was gone . any how, everyone is getting old now. some i didn't even recanize. bad spelling i know. myself included shit august i'll be 65 ! i would have taken bets that i would'nt even see 50 . and still feel good! don't even feel or act like 65 . i'am still the same old asshole i've always been !! if you want to get aholed of me, my email is lennyhffh@gmail.com and my phone is 1 310 936-2106 stay up !! take to you later , lenny hffh nomad

Sun, May 15, 2011 - 4:00 PM
                                Im glad to hear your good, I will call you ...ill be out there during the summer . We will have to get together

Fri, May 20, 2011 - 3:31 PM
                                  Hey!! I'm looking for a front rocker cover for a shovelhead !! Anybody got one lying around ? I will pay shipping !!

Mon, May 23, 2011 - 9:04 PM
                                I hope this finds everyone good, your brother rick up in henit, kinda needs the brothers support he can use the voices from his brotherd.he is in pretty bad shape heakth wise. I think would help alot....

Sun, June 12, 2011 - 9:24 PM
                                  I talked to rick tonight he seems better, he would like to hear from old and new brothers, hes is in crummy health but is still trying to fly his colors when he can, if anyone is interested in coontacting him ill get you his number...rick has been a Heathen for 35 years and was president of SO bay for years, for fhe newer guys that dont know him, hes in hemit Ca.

Fri, October 8, 2010 - 10:37 PM
                      hey wyatt! i know your dad also. i have my patch still. i rember when he shot up the meat market. it was owned by rocky giovantie, spelling is probily wrong. tell your dad i said hey! I SEEN THAT OLD FUCKER VERN a few years ago when he came to l.a. from tenn. he's always in touch with peaches. i also just returned to the living, so i can't tell you much about anything at this time. good to hear from you. later, lenny hffh nomad

Tue, September 28, 2010 - 11:18 PM
                    I knew your Dad, Insane Wayne, back in the late 70's in Venice.
                    He was a wonderful guy who got in trouble w/ the law right about
                    Then. I left LA in 1980 and I always wondered how he made out.

Wed, September 29, 2010 - 9:49 AM
                      He ended up doing a stint in prison and got out in the late 80s. He ended up finding me a few years ago and I've been out to see him in ND a few times. He's doing well out there.

Were you there when the shooting happened?

Wed, September 29, 2010 - 9:58 PM
                        It seems to me there was a shooting involving Wayne sometime in
                        1980 or late 79 at a bar owned by a guy called Rusty. He was a really
                        Nice guy, but had a crazy brother who shot up a bar in Venice on
                        Lincoln around that time too. Crazy times. I got out around then.
                        Moved to No Cal for peace of mind.

Wed, September 29, 2010 - 10:03 PM
                        I'm really glad to hear your Dad is alive and well in N.D.
                        Cold as hell there though. If you talk to your Dad, ask him
                        About Hillbilly. Hillbilly used to custom out bikes. He was
                        My old man back then.

Thu, September 30, 2010 - 10:58 AM
                          I knew hillbilly but i don't think he worked on bikes. his real name was Bill Hill and lived in Venice with my old man at the time, Greg. same Hillbilly or no? Kelly

Thu, September 30, 2010 - 8:15 PM
                            Hillbilly (bill hill) chopped bikes in Venice in the late 70's.

Sat, October 2, 2010 - 9:52 PM
                              Hey Wizard, Navy Bill, Gimp, Lenny...HFFH

Luv Y'all
                              Lori

Mon, December 20, 2010 - 7:20 PM
                                Is this Lori (Matt's X) ???

Sun, January 2, 2011 - 6:50 PM
                                  Uh, ya I guess. Do you and Matt still hang out? I'm afraid I have a few more names on my "X" list now though; even married a couple of 'em. I try to keep the list down these days. Too much BS, at least you guys were always straight with me.

HAPPY NEW YEAR --

HFFH

Thu, September 24, 2009 - 3:58 PM
    Yes there still around I was a member from 1973 to 1986 HFFH Heathen GIMP N.Prez. ( retired )

Fri, October 8, 2010 - 10:45 PM
      what's up brother gimp! haven't seen you since you and harry were staying at that place in inglewood. a partner of mine see's harry alot, and he even found brian for me. he still owes me a new shov el motor! i think you know him? charlie tow truck. get in touch i'd like to say hi. later brother, lenny hffh nomad

Sat, January 30, 2010 - 12:10 PM
    Have been in Mothers many time. Was arrested ther one night... Good times..

Wed, May 5, 2010 - 10:58 AM
      OZ ? wow a lot of time has passed since I thought of you guys. Glad to hear that th club is still going. I just saw a blog for this entry for the sundace film festival "Asphalt Gods" Life of the Heathens motorcycle family by Gabriel Griffen. The only guy I remember filming was Steve Hamilton, Unless the was done after I retired. Anyway hope you see this say Hey to any of the Venice guys there with you.

Wed, May 5, 2010 - 10:51 PM
        Hey Bill, where you at now?? I'm living out in Wyoming now. Good to hear from you. Do you still ride?
        Gabe followed some of the brothers as they rode from Calif. to Wyoming, picked up the brothers here and rode on to Sturgis. He spent 3 days there filming and interviewing us. Then when he went back to Calif. he talked to Thorp and Car Lot Rick. This was supposed to be done last year but Gabe crewed on a sail boat and didn't get it edited in time. He saw our patch in an old easyrider magazine and named his band after us. Keep in touch..

Thu, May 6, 2010 - 10:41 AM
          I live most of the time in Venezuela, but I still have a house her in Venice. I still have the same white bike along with a panhead and a softail for when I get tired of kicking the other two. I still have the audio tape that was played on the radio here somewhere and I have tried to get a copy of Steve's film a couple of times, but lost contact with his brother.
          I may have to leave Venezuela soon, so I may be back in Venice full time. I have been retired for 5 years now.
          I was playing on the internet when I found this page. The internet sure makes the word a small place.
          My Sister and Niece are in Colorado now, next time I visit them maybe I'll swing by and say hello.
          Good to hear from you!

Fri, May 7, 2010 - 9:21 AM
            Don't know anything about a film or audio tape. What's in them. Come visit any time, would love to see you. Will be going to Sturgis this year if you feel like making it.. I got rid of all my other bikes and just ride my 06 road king now. Still run straight fishtails and ape hangers. A lot of wide open roads out here for riding.

Fri, May 7, 2010 - 4:20 PM
              I'll look for the audio tape, It was made in about 1974 and played on the radio until Florida punched the DJ in the nose thru a closed glass door. I'll see if I can copy to digital.
              My friend Steve Hamilton made a short documentary for his film school graduation in about 1975. He showed it once at the clubhouse the I never saw it again.
              I am waiting to hear from a Judge in Venezuela to see if I can go back. If not I'll sell everything there and move back here full time.

Fri, May 7, 2010 - 5:03 PM
                Keep in touch, we could always use a chapter in Venezuela you know. Whats the riding like down there?
                Are you being kicked out or just stayed as long as the law allows?
                What was the audio tape about?? I patched in in 1976 so It was after Steves film.

Fri, May 28, 2010 - 9:26 PM
                  hey wizard haven't talked to you in a long time. would like to get in touch. lenny HFFH

Wed, August 18, 2010 - 5:22 PM
                    Hey Lenny, how the fuck are ya??
                    I'm in Wyoming now on V.A. disability and living the good life. Have a 06 road king now. Just got back from Sturgis last weekend.
                    I don't get on here much but you can reach me at my e-mail.. It's wizinwa@hotmail.com.
                    Have talked to Navy Bill thru here. I hear from Lil Paul once in a while. Where you at now days.
                    Ted lives out here too, about 25 miles from me. Hope you are doing good..
                    Wizard HFFH

Thu, December 9, 2010 - 9:46 AM
                    Hey Lenny Its GIMP how have you been ?, I owe Harry a ass kicking for calling the cops on me, I gave him a place to stay and he robbed the Guy blind and left me a big debt to pay.

Sun, December 19, 2010 - 6:10 PM
                      hey brother gimp, how you doing. sorry to hear that shit about harry. i got a friend of mine that see him in so bay alot. i can round him up for you if you want. you can get ahold of me at velvetpoet@aol.com or call me 310 936-2106 . are you still in long beach. talk at you later. lenny hffh

Sun, May 8, 2011 - 5:40 PM
      Hey Wizard, did you ever hang out at Bob Martel's Beer Country that he opened after he sold Mother's?

Coastwizard (Randy)

Sat, May 14, 2011 - 12:56 AM
        i'am not wizard, i'am lenny . but yes we sure did go to beer country . quit afew times that i can remember.

Sat, May 14, 2011 - 2:33 AM
          Hey Lenny, if you look back at some of my earlier posts, do you remember any of the incidents I mentioned? I know that's asking alot after all these years.

Fri, May 28, 2010 - 9:22 PM
    hey shorty would like to hear from you. your old bro lenny hffh nomad

Wed, August 18, 2010 - 12:01 PM
      Hey give a email at shortfusedone@yahoo.com

Tue, September 14, 2010 - 7:26 PM
        Am looking for members that new my brother and that might have old photos / video of the family when it started .
        My brother is a charter member. still have his colors.
        Thanks
        Don Zaideman
        saved102008@gmail.com or cell# 620-747-0942

Sat, September 18, 2010 - 10:09 PM
        still have'nt heard from you. email velvetpoet@aol.com or call me 310 936-2106 waiting to hear from you! later , brother lenny hffh

Fri, September 24, 2010 - 12:01 AM
          Hey Lenny, it's kelly, ur old roomie. I can't believe i found u. call me 949-831-3116.How the hell are u? r u still married? to who? hahha.i would like to hang out sometime. I wonder if maryann is still alive? so call me. i tried calling u but the # is not in order at this time?

Hi to all the heathens! hey wizard, tell Ted i said hi, ha ha. someone said they sometimes hear from lil paul? have him call me at the number above. Does anyone ever talk to peaches or uncle vern? this is so exciting! my email is kellyzuver@yahoo.com. I'm not doing much these days, got 2 dui's (for pills) so i still can't drive. my daughter kaley will be 20 this year.lenny, how's jeremy?
          love ya all, kelly

Sun, October 10, 2010 - 5:18 PM
          Still trying to reach you brother!!! Call me.. 307-548-2311

Sun, October 10, 2010 - 11:24 PM
            hey brother wiz! i lost my phone in la. i just got it back, ileft it at a females place. so i'll give you a call next week. i'am going to go check on the mallard in hemet. do you know a gary bob in casper wy. suppose to be prez.. talk to you later , later bro, lenny hffh nomad

Tue, November 9, 2010 - 2:54 PM
    I had googled "Heathens" a few times over the years trying to possibly find people that knew my dad and never could find anything. On an off chance a few weeks ago, I tried again and found this thread. As it turns out, HeathenShorty knew him well. It's always nice to be able to corroborate stories you were never sure about. His name was Lowell Phillips and he was in Santa Maria. If anyone has any pictures or stories, I would like to hear/see them.
    • Unsu...

Tue, November 30, 2010 - 10:22 PM
      Hi, you don't know me, but my husband was playing around on the internet and found this page, and seen you wanted to know more about your dad. He knew your dad. If you're still in contact with Shorty, verify this with him before you contact me. My husband knew Shorty better than he knew your dad, but he still your dad. He knew Shorty when he used to live on Creston and Miller in Santa Maria. My husband, Shorty, and Snevie Snake Lips used to hang around a lot, around the same time your dad was shot. He wanted to give you a little bit of this information to verify with Shorty so you know that hes not some jerk off on the internet trying to bull shit you. Contact me if you want.

Rita

Tue, December 7, 2010 - 9:50 AM
        Who is your husband ?
        • Unsu...

Wed, December 22, 2010 - 11:20 PM
          Shorty, Rita's writing this for me, if its all the same to you I'd rather stay nameless. I'm not interested in reconnecting with anybody. I just thought if the girl wanted to know about her dad, I could tell her some stuff. I was there at the roost that night, and I ran with all you guys back than (the santa maria crowd). So if Tammy wants to know more, maybe we can find a way to talk or whatever. So if nameless is cool, I'd rather do it that way, and if not, than I'll just step off.
  • Kit
    Kit
    online 0

Fri, December 3, 2010 - 11:00 AM
    I had wondered what happened to the Heathens MF, just found this site. This is Kit, I was a friend of Lee Ving, who was a member for a while. I used to hang out with you guys, mostly in Redondo. Those were crazy times, and a lot of fun. I haven't run into any of the guys since the mid 80s. Wondering what ever happened to the 47 knuck I sold Lee.

Thu, December 9, 2010 - 5:48 PM
      Hey Kit, Last I heard you were working for Easyriders. How ya doing these days?

Tue, December 14, 2010 - 9:10 AM
        WIZARD ITS GB HATE THIS COMPUTER SHIT BUT HERE I AM THINGS GOING GOOD IN CASPER NOT SHOWING OUR ASSES TOO BAD WILL CHECK THIS PAGE LATER HFFH
      • Kit
        Kit
        online 0

Thu, December 30, 2010 - 12:46 PM
        Yeah,
        I'm still working for Easyriders. I was recently made the editor of V-Twin News, the trade publication. I still write bike features for most of the mags, and do a lot of tech articles, product stuff. Life's been really good, bought a little house in San Fernando, been there for the last 16 years. Still riding every day so no complaints. Haven't heard from Lee for years, don't now what he's doing. You probably remember my friend Chris, we used to hang out with you in Redondo. We're still in touch a lot. He's working at Bartels, married with a kid. Living the dream :-)

Sun, January 16, 2011 - 6:26 AM
          Do you have anything to do with Biker magazine. A frind of mine Gabe Griffin has a Heathen tribute bike in it.
          Old style chopper.
          Tell Chris I said Hi. Was wondering what happened to him.
          Did he marry Janna? Does he have a boy or girl? How old?
          Those were some fun days at the Redondo house..
          • Kit
            Kit
            online 0

Thu, January 20, 2011 - 3:20 PM
            I do write for Biker, I do the news column. I saw the article on Gabe's bike. I noticed that Krylon called the Heathens a motorcycle club instead of the preferred motorcycle family. Called him on it, but it had already gone to print. Interesting backstory on the model...hehe
            Janna passed away about 10 years ago. Chris married a gal named Kelli, they live in Camarillo. They have a girl, I think she's 4 now.

Thu, January 20, 2011 - 5:57 PM
              Allright Kit. tell us the story about the model. I was going to invite her to Sturgis and see if she wanted to model on some more Heathen um er motorsickles yea that s it our motorsickles.
              • Kit
                Kit
                online 0

Fri, September 2, 2011 - 10:18 AM
                After the article was published we found out that she has a web site specializing in pics and movies of her eating poop. I surfed there by accident and I'm scarred for life.

Hey,
                I was talking to our art director, Beatnik, who was traveling with the Fryed Brothers on the way to Sturgis. He told me he ran into Heathens in Casper, Wyoming. He had a terrific story about an epic bar fight, cowboys vs. bikers. Something about some cowgirl swinging a two by four with a nail sticking out. There will probably be a song down the road, I'm told.

Hope all is well.

Kit

Tue, December 14, 2010 - 9:31 AM
    SHORTY YOU NEVER WRITE YOU NEVER CALL WE THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD

Tue, December 14, 2010 - 10:33 PM
      Breaking into the thread again!!
      I was at the David Mann Chopperfest in Ventura this past Sunday and I happen to meet an ex Satan Slave (as you know they were absorbed by the H.A.s) by the name of Groupie. Groupie still rides his knucklehead that he built in 1965 and it's a nice knuck. I noticed it had a hand clutch, no mousetrap and the cable went through the seat post to a cam mechanism that worked the clutch. He said it took a lot of time and weed to figure it out. The cam-gears are made from a ford transmission cog. Groupie still lives in the SFV.
      Wish I would have brought my camera!

Back to the Heathens!

Sat, January 8, 2011 - 5:25 PM
        I just posted DROOPY's knucklehead in the photos. Like the knucklehead that I am I miss-posted his name as "Groupy" and I beg your pardon. Check it out Old Heathens, I think you will like it. You were in close proximity to this club and it was old times.
        Thumbs up to all you MC Clubbers and 1%ers!! Happy New Year.

Sun, December 19, 2010 - 12:14 PM
      Sorry GB Ive been busy !!

Wed, December 22, 2010 - 8:00 PM
        MIDWEST NOMADS, sends much LOVE AND RESPECT TO ALL OF OUR HEATHEN BROTHERS!!! and wishes all of you and your families a HAPPY HEATHEN HOLIDAY!!

To the rest of you folks either wish you were a HEATHEN, SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL HEATHENS MF OR BFYM !!!

Later Big Chris
        HFFH
        NOMADS

Sat, December 25, 2010 - 8:57 AM
          merry christmas all you HEATHENS and have a happy new year and try and play nice HFFH

Fri, December 31, 2010 - 4:40 PM
            HAVE A HAPPY HEATHEN NEW YEARS AND ONLY PLAY NICE IF THE OTHER KIDDIES ARE NICE TOO!!

Fri, December 31, 2010 - 9:13 PM
              there you go!!! later brothers lenny hffh nomad

Sun, January 2, 2011 - 3:34 PM
                Hey lenny, are you on Facebook? I've scanned in a lot of old Pics for my Heathen album. Let me know and I will add you to the list to view

Sat, January 8, 2011 - 4:00 PM
                  Hey Navy Bill,
                  Lenny's on facebook but says he doesn't remember signing up for it! I would love to see the pics (kelly ann bartleson) and I'll also let lenny know how to retrieve his passwor, etc. hope you will do this, as i've lost all of my photo's throughout the years.
                  Kelly

Sun, January 9, 2011 - 2:05 AM
                  hey navy still here in la, i want to get down there to say hey, i'am out here in pomona. love to see the pics. so add me on. if you want to get ahold of me, 310 936-2106 or email me at velvetpoet@aol.com later bro , lenny hffh nomads

Sat, January 29, 2011 - 8:21 PM
                    Everyone's been really quiet lately. Everyone doing alright? My daughter, Kaley just went to rehab today. Glad she's there but it's hard to see your kid go thru this stuff. She's at a place called Woodglen in Fullerton for 30 days. the first 7 dayswill be in detox in her pajama's! just called the place and the counselor said she's settled in watching TV and socializing! Just thought I would check in. Bye

Thu, February 3, 2011 - 8:31 AM
                      Hey Kelly , I hope Kaley does well with that tell her fukin rehab is for quitters. LMFAO but in this case I hope she is able to quit. I found out years ago that most of the shit out there is pure EVIL. But hey I kicked so I know anybody can that wants too. Tell her we are rooting for her.

BC

Thu, February 3, 2011 - 7:07 PM
                        Thanks Chris. Ya she had to choice to go because of my family. She's already out of detox and wants to leave to go to a different place. I think she should stay there because there's quite a few bikers and at least it's not all chicks! she doesn't like being so far from home but i told her all rehabs suck so she should just suck it up and stay. thanks for the support.
                        Kelly

Thu, February 10, 2011 - 10:45 PM
                          Gabe just sent me "THE ASPHALT GODS" book for free!! I found him on ebay and asked him if he could give me a discount and he asked me where I was from and a few other questions and asked me for my address and said he was sending me one. I just got it today and I'm so excited! I love it! Did everyone from south bay and venice get one?
                          Kelly

Fri, February 11, 2011 - 8:39 PM
                            Kelly
                            My name is Don. I think I remember You but as we get older we tend to forget. I was Sgt At arms in Venice and when South Bay started I was
                            Vice Pres. Im not sure who got the books but I agree it was well done.

Sun, February 13, 2011 - 9:05 AM
                              Don, I think I remember you too. Were u friends with Marty, Harry and John L. from south bay?

Thu, February 17, 2011 - 12:02 PM
                                Lenny and all venice and south bay heathens:
                                Maryann and Lisa White(Vern's :LIsa and Bagone's Lisa) found me on facebook! So happy, haven't been able to connect with them in several years. just and FYI. Oh I just got an eviction notice. Anyone need a roommate!!
                                Kelly

Fri, February 18, 2011 - 9:33 AM
                                  Hey Kelly,

I remember Don, and Harry, Peaches, etc., but I'm old too. My name is Lori, do I know you? That sounds pretty goofy now that I typed it but that never stops me.

BTW, do you know whatever happened to the Ripp brothers?

Sun, February 20, 2011 - 10:13 PM
                                    Hey Lori,
                                    I probably do know you, but I'm old too and I would probably need a pic to truly remember you. In regards to the Ripp brother's ,I'll friend request you and let u know what I've heard.
                                    Kelly

Wed, April 20, 2011 - 10:02 PM
    Hey guys I 'm from venice been gone since the late 79,I rember you guys rocked. rialtio block parties,I worked at the gas station on Lincoln and venice the shell station with a member John Larz i think his name was..cool dude.He moved to coos bay Oregon.Wonder if your in touch with him.I'm stoked i found this site.I hope the rest of you guys are well and keep'n it real.Has you can see by the photo.You bro's left a impression. killer to see that patch.be nice to see it flying back in venice . later G

Tue, April 26, 2011 - 9:26 PM
      hey glen how do you know we're not in venice, maybe, some never left! i don't remember you, but i don't remember alot of things. lenny hffh nomad

Fri, April 29, 2011 - 5:30 PM
        Thats a fair statement ,i don't know just haven't seen your colors in my travels.brother the 70's and 80's where many life times ago.i'm lucky to remember my Name.Much respect to the members.I do remember you guys on a run rolling down Lincoln bld like 50 deep maybe more dude I was a kid and had chills roll up and down my arms.Started the ball rolling me. Hope all is well later G

Sun, May 1, 2011 - 1:32 PM
          you might remember the kovaks,jack was my bud RIP. He lived on Rialto Ave .he had an older brother.theres 12 ,13 years between us I don't think you'd remember some runny nosed brat running around stealn beers and smokes....G

Sat, May 7, 2011 - 5:54 PM
    wondering if the heathens are active anywhere in az

Mon, May 9, 2011 - 10:47 PM
      HMMMM why do you ask?????

Tue, May 10, 2011 - 2:47 PM
        If you go back to the beginning of this thread, you'll see everything there is to know about me and my connection to the Heathens. Mother's and Beer Country were two of my brother's and my favorite watering holes back in the day. We enjoyed their company and they saved tables for us. We drove their old ladies home when the members were too wasted to drive. They shared their stash with us and together we helped look out for the girls who tended bar. No real reason for asking now, except those were some good times and I kind of wanted to know if there were any of those guys still around who remembered us and remembered hanging out at those places.

Coastwizard (Randy)

Fri, May 13, 2011 - 6:33 PM
        I think I met you at the Garter before with my friend Lanny? I think? lots of brain cells lost since then though

Sat, May 14, 2011 - 2:46 AM
          Was the Garter down in Santa Monica? I know there was one bar down there not too far from the beach where we met some of the Heathens once in awhile. Had a weird setup where the bartenders were on some kind of platform behind the bar so they were higher up than you if you were sitting at the bar.

Sat, May 14, 2011 - 6:53 PM
            Sounds like the Frigate on Supulveda. The owner made all of the barmaids wear short skirts and raised the floor behind the bar

Sat, May 14, 2011 - 9:22 PM
              That sure sounds like it Navy Bill! Sounds exactly right! Was the layout bar with stools down the left side and tables by the windows down the righ side?

Mon, May 9, 2011 - 5:09 PM
    Reflections on stumbling across the right watering holes back in the day...(first posted June 4, 2009)

(Between the 1960s and the 1980s) managed by trial and error to find a few of those bars and their residents in my lifetime. There were times when I never felt more alive than going into those places by myself, finding a corner, ordering a pitcher, and watching real life transpire. Nowadays, just the smell of cigarettes, of beer and sawdust, of urine and deodorizer cakes, can bring me back to an exact moment and place in time.

I had many friends...good friends...among those whose lives intertwined with mine only when we were together in those places, and i knew more about them (and cared more about them) than I did for most of the people who were my friends in the everyday world. And I watched many more of them die...alone, but not un-mourned, because the rest of us who knew them missed them...like the guy who was a dead ringer for Kenny Rogers, and always wore a light blue suit and tie every day to sweep the floor of the bar (Mothers), and we would talk and we would buy him drinks, and we would say goodnight and tell him to take care of himself...and we meant it. And then one morning he was dead in the alley behind the bar...stabbed and robbed (for what they got, which was nothing but an empty wallet). And because nobody knew whether he had any family, they took him away in a body bag like yesterday's garbage.

Or the Vietnam vet who'd lost his legs, but used to come (to the Pitcher House) in his wheelchair and drink and tell jokes, and everybody liked him, and they'd help him out to his truck, where we'd still find him passed out at closing time...until the morning when the owner found him passed out for good...shot to death in his front seat. But these were the people who wore their lives on their sleeves. They didn't want anything from you but your friendship and your honesty and to be able to relax around you if they were wasted or trying to take a piss, or know that if they needed a way home, they could count on you. And they'd share their stash with you, and they'd share their pad with you, and you knew you'd wake up in the morning with friends, and no questions asked. Yeah, I know....about that lifestyle. It ain't the years...it's the mileage.

Sat, May 14, 2011 - 1:07 AM
      VERY WELL SAID, THANK YOU !! LENNY HFFH NOMADS

Mon, May 30, 2011 - 10:52 AM
        Lenny your name sounds really familiar, did you use to be the pres. in the early 80's? I have read nothing on here about hanging out at the Beacon on Manchester. Use to do a little drinking with you guys back then, which would always end up in a ride down to Venice. The other name that jumps into my head is Pappy, use to be the Tres.? Names ring a bell, or I am I just getting old too??

Sat, October 1, 2011 - 4:38 AM
          i was venice pres , then national pres. then i went on a vacation for awhile. no pappy was not any thing to do with us he use to be a straight satan

Mon, May 23, 2011 - 9:11 PM
    To all the brothers im donnie car lot rick neohew,hes really down and out health wise, he would love to hear from some brothers new and.it would mean alot.......thanks again brothets

Mon, September 5, 2011 - 7:57 AM
    38 years and counting... HAPPY BIRTHDAY HEATHENS!!!!

Fri, September 9, 2011 - 10:56 PM
      HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE HEATHENS M.F.!!!
      Don't know if I'll be accected here or not but I had to say Hello and Happy Birthday. My name is Brad and I was kind of like Rusty's little brother. I bought my bike from Crazy Mike in 1980 and hung around with you guys. I knew Wyatt's dad and showed up at the Meat Market Saloon shortly after all that crap went down, wondered if I'd been there a little sooner if I could have stopped it. Had a picture of Wayne I carryed for years but got tossed by some bitch ex, hope she burns in hell.
      I got Gabe's book and lots of memories came flooding back, especially the pictures of Tommy's funeral. My life changed big time when Tommy died, lots of time spent in a very dark place. Anyway, I'm glad to see that the club is still around and some of my friends are still walking this big blue ball.
      So, like I was saying, when Tommy died I kind of walked away from everyone and everything and I don't know if that's forgiven or not. If it's not then so be it but I still ride and wear Blue and White and I allways will.
      HAPPY BIRTHDAY HEATHENS M.F.!!! HERE'S TO 38 MORE!!!

Sat, September 10, 2011 - 7:44 AM
        Brad I have never met you but reading yours and the post from Savage , I think you guys need to get ahold of Wizard and see about being part of more than a memeory if you feel that way. I 'm just saying

Thu, December 29, 2011 - 11:42 PM
          Big Chris I wish things were differant and if they were I would contact Wizard in a heart beat. I'm not in a place where I can make the commitment needed to be a brother. I miss everyone. Wish things would have turned out differant and I had a Mother Bird on my back. No other patch will do. Love & Respect to the all the brothers. Is Peaches still doing tatt's in Cali? I would love to have HFFH added to my "In Memory of Pretty Boy Tom" tatt.

Sat, October 1, 2011 - 4:41 AM
      happy birthday to all my HEATHEN brothers 38 years, i've been here for 36 of them!!

Fri, October 14, 2011 - 12:44 AM
        Happy Birthday Lenny!!! Glad to see you're still walking this big blue marble. I've wondered about you over the years.

Thu, September 29, 2011 - 5:57 PM
    Hi guys. I have unsual request. Had to hunt you down and join Tribe just to ask it. I chat online in a place called IMVU, it's a virtual world, and inside there are virtual themed rooms of anything you can dream up. I create virtual content for the virtual rooms. A friend of mine asked me if i would make him a poster to go in his motorcycle club room and asked if I could make a Heathens picture. As I believe in respecting other peoples property, intellectual property and copy right laws. I felt I would come ask your permission to reproduce a Heathen symbolised picture. It will be a one off, not for profit and only my friend will own it. In return, you'd all be welcome in New Zealand, we'd put the barbque and beers on for ya. :)

Sat, May 26, 2012 - 12:26 AM
    HAPPY 39th BIRTHDAY to the HEATHENS MF Family!! I'm trying hard to be there for the 40th. I'll be thinking of all of you, here and gone, while I work this weekend.

Thu, July 12, 2012 - 5:07 AM
    Hi y'all. My husband is looking into joingin the Heathens MF here in Wyoming. There's a run set up here for August 4/5 and we plan to go to that and meet more Heathens. Can anyone tell me about the patch though? Why a swatsticka?

Fri, January 25, 2013 - 5:18 PM
    Hi I am rick deerings nephew unfortanely his funeral was today I know he loved the club and was president for awhile I wanted to know what years he was president and a little bit about how he was when he was younger if anyone knew him please comment rip uncle rick

Mon, February 4, 2013 - 9:11 PM
      A better place to ask this is on our web site.... HEATHENSMF.COM
      We don't come on here much anymore. I knew your uncle and was at the funeral buti'll have to try and remember when he was president.
      I know he was president of the South Bay Chapter but not sure what years.

WIZARD
      HFFH
  • Unsu...

Fri, March 1, 2013 - 5:57 PM
    No, I was not a VENICE HEATHEN. I lived in Venice behind Alan's Market at the first canal. Tattoo Bob had the shop across from the park way back then, then many years later he was at Mikes Big Twin one day back in 2002? next to the Mar Vista Bowl. Mike sold the Shop and I moved and don't know if Tattoo Bob stayed arouind?

Recent topics in "Motorcycle Club"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
SPAM BarSnake 1 August 20, 2014
Having fun in night club,do u like? Unsubscribed 0 August 20, 2014
Younger Women Older Men Dating Site Unsubscribed 0 May 5, 2014
Biker Dating Site online For Single Bikers Unsubscribed 1 February 13, 2014